The new year is just around the corner, and with it comes an opportunity to beat the results you’ve obtained in 2017 – if you’re ready.
Fall is the perfect time to review your strategic staffing strategy from the past year, evaluate the work left to achieve to reach your 2017 goals and to plan for the coming year. Here’s how to make sure your strategic staffing strategy is up to the challenge.
Review your current staffing strategy.
2017 may not be over, but the past several months have provided the information you need to take a critical look at your current staffing strategy. Note what worked well, what could have worked better, and where you deviated from the plan – and the results.
Consider the forecast.
What are your business’s goals for the coming year? Which staff members are likely to leave, and who is available among your current staff to replace them? Which capabilities will you need and when? Be as specific as possible; the more detail you can provide, the easier it will be to implement the plan when the time comes.
Although you can’t anticipate every change in staffing, you can make reasonable predictions that will help you articulate who you’ll need and when. With this information, you can start strategizing.
Compare the results from your current staffing strategy to your goals and needs for 2018 to begin setting priorities. Where does your staffing plan need to be adapted, and where can it be preserved? What are the most important things your 2018 strategic staffing plan must accomplish?
Talk to your energy staffing partner.
Recruiters who specialize in connecting energy companies to qualified candidates also specialize in helping their clients create strategic staffing plans that position them to recruit and retain the best talent available. Don’t hesitate to gain your staffing partner’s valuable input on your 2018 staffing strategy.
At FootBridge Energy Services, our recruiters can help you craft a strategic staffing plan that supports your business goals – and ensures you’ll always have access to high-quality talent when you need it. Contact us today to learn more about our energy recruiting services.
Every day, job openings in the energy industry appear. Yet even a discerning job seeker may not spot these new openings. They’re “hidden” jobs that never reach the public eye.
Instead of posting these jobs publicly, companies turn to their recruiters to find the people they need for the open positions.
Why Do Employers “Hide” Jobs With Recruiters?
To many job seekers, the idea that employers only mention their job openings to staffing firms seems unfair. After all, you’re working hard to find promising job opportunities and to present your skills in a positive and confident light. Why do companies hide the ball?
Here are several reasons some of the best jobs remain hidden:
- Time is of the essence. Lacking the time to launch a full-scale candidate search, the company turns to its recruiter hoping the staffing firm will find suitable candidates more quickly.
- Culture matters. The company trusts its staffing firm to recommend candidates who not only offer the right skills, but will also mesh well with the company’s values and approach to work.
- More doesn’t always mean better. The company wants to weed out unqualified candidates who bury or obscure the qualified professionals, and they don’t want to do the weeding themselves. Instead, they ask a recruiter to do it for them.
Understanding why and how job postings get “hidden” can help you uncover them. Here’s how:
Hide and Seek: Finding Hidden Job Opportunities
When top companies “hide” their job postings with a recruiter, it makes sense to work with a recruiting firm to find those openings. Here’s how partnering with a recruiter benefits your career:
- Access to hidden job postings – and custom recommendations. Not only will you know what’s available, but your recruiter can point you toward job openings that best fit your skills and workplace style, improving the chances you’ll find a job you truly love.
- One-on-one advice and coaching. Your recruiter will help you fine-tune your resume and interview skills, improving your chances of landing the job you want.
- Long-term networking and support. Once you’ve found the next step on your career ladder, stay in touch with your recruiter to maintain a strong professional network and learn more about the industry.
At FootBridge Energy Services, our recruiters work with some of the best employers in the oil and gas industries – and help you unearth the hidden jobs that will help you forge your career. Contact us today to learn more about our energy job opportunities.